Yoga in pregnancy
The time of pregnancy is a time in which the body and mind are moving towards a new formation. It is a unique and valuable experience in life. It is important to stay healthy in this state and to stay healthy it is most important that you add yoga and pranayama to your routine. Yoga and Pranayama help you in healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Whenever practising yoga and pranayama, do it slowly and slowly. Yoga and Pranayama keep your body relaxed and strong, it also helps in physical changes and shortness of breath during pregnancy.
Before starting yoga and pranayama during pregnancy, you must take permission from your doctor or yoga teacher, or you can also keep them as a trainer. With this, they will be able to tell you the appropriate according to your body. Some important tips that you should not do during your practice –
- Avoid doing postures that stress the stomach.
- Keep the stomach well extended.
- Focus more on deep breathing.
- Do the exercises according to your body.
So today we are going to tell you the benefits of yoga during pregnancy, what kind of yoga and pranayama you should do.
Benefits of yoga during pregnancy
- The process of breathing in yoga provides more oxygen to the body which is very important during pregnancy.
- After doing yoga, the fetus gets the benefit of oxygen-rich blood.
- During yoga practice, your mind becomes calm and at the same time free from stress. This peace reaches your child with the help of which both you and your child remain physically and mentally healthy.
- The groin and pelvic muscles weaken during and after pregnancy. Regular yoga practice helps keep them toned and healthy.
- Toning and stretching gently is preparing your body for the baby during and after pregnancy.
- Yoga asanas help keep the body soft. These open the pelvic area to relieve tension around the cervix. Yoga prepares the mother for delivery.
- Yoga helps in relieving common symptoms such as problems arising in the morning, leg cramps, ankle swelling and constipation.
- Yoga asanas help the mother recover faster even after delivery.
Yoga for pregnant women
Exercise is very important during pregnancy. The yoga practice given below may cause you some trouble, but do it under the supervision of a teacher.
First of all, bend your knees and sit on the ground. Now move your hands slightly forward and place it slowly on the ground.
Now tilt your stomach down towards the ground and move the neck as upward as possible. Stay in this state for a few minutes. After a few minutes, in the same process, move the waist upwards and bring the head between the two hands and tilt it downwards. Stay in this state for a few minutes. You can also decide its time according to capacity.
Benefits of Margery Asanas
- This will make your spine flexible. This is useful because this asana supports the weight on the waist during pregnancy.
- This asana tones the abdominal area.
- Blood circulation improves.
- It also nourishes reproductive organs well.
First of all, stand with both legs straight. Now raise the right hand upright and keep the left hand sticking to the foot. Now rotate your body as much as possible with your right hand to the left. Stay in this state for a few minutes. You can also decide its time according to capacity. Then straighten the body with your right hand and stand upright by sticking both hands with the feet.
Benefits of Angasana –
- By doing this asana, your spine will remain flexible.
- This will open your body.
- This asana relieves constipation from the most common problem in pregnancy.
Virabhadrasana 2 –
First of all, stand up straight. Now move your left leg forward and right leg backward as shown in the picture but do it according to your ability. Now raise both your hands up and straighten them and turn the palms upwards. Stay in this state for a few minutes or you can also decide the time according to your ability.
Benefits of Virabhadrasana –
- By doing this asana, your body remains balanced as there is a greater chance of falling during pregnancy.
- It tones the shoulders, legs and lowers back.
- By doing this asana, your stamina increases.
- This helps you in delivery.
First of all, stand up straight. Now open the legs and move the left leg forward. Keep the right foot straight, now tilt the body and place the left hand on the paws or knees of the left leg. And move the right hand upwards. Turn your neck towards the right hand. Do this process according to capacity.
Benefits of Trikonasana –
- This asana keeps you balanced physically and mentally.
- Helps to stretch and open the hips which are extremely beneficial during pregnancy.
- Eliminates backache and pain.
Sit down first. And mix the soles of both your feet together as shown in the picture. Now grab the toes or toes with your hands. Then move the feet slowly like a butterfly for a few minutes or according to capacity.
Benefits of Badkonasana –
- Makes flexion between the hips and abdomen and thigh flexible.
- Stretches the thigh and knees and relieves pain.
- Relieves fatigue.
- Delivery is easy.
Do opposite posture
To perform this asana, resort to the wall. First of all lie down like a wall, bending your knees. Now slowly lift the person upwards. A padded cushion should be placed under your axe and waist so that the waist and hips are not directly attached to the hard ground. Give your shoulders and headrest. Place your hands in the side and turn the palms upwards. In this state, breathe comfortably for five minutes and bring down the breath lightly. You can decide the time of the stage according to your ability.
Benefits of doing the opposite posture
- Performing this asana provides relief from back pain.
- Improves blood flow to the pelvic area.
- Common signs of miscarriage are inflammation of the ankle and varicose veins.
First, lie down straight. Keep a distance in the feet and keep the hands separate from the body. Keep the palms of the hands upwards. Then close your eyes. Now leave the body loose and take a deep breath slowly. You can do this process for as long as you want.
Benefits of Shavasana
- Pregnant women should constantly take care of their blood pressure.
- With this asana, your body remains comfortable, keeps cells fine.
- This asana itself is a pain reliever.
- Pregnant women should avoid medicines to relieve pain.
- This posture keeps the stress away.
Yoga Nidra –
First, lie down straight. Keep a distance in the feet and keep the hands separate from the body. Turn the palms of the hands upwards. Then close your eyes. Now leave the body loose and take a deep breath slowly. You can do this process for as long as you want.
Benefits of Yoga Sleep –
- It gives relief from pain.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Helps regulate blood pressure.
- It relaxes all cells and prepares the body for delivery.